YES, you read it here first! Brookside Cabins and Restaurant located in Luray, VA is “for sale by owner”currently.
Luray, VA Commercial Property for Sale
This 4.3 acres property is zoned commercial and a turnkey business on Highway 211 just 4 miles west of the primary entrance to Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park; and 4 miles east of the world renowned Luray Caverns.
Tourist visitation to these attractions tops 500,000 annually. Other area attractions include the Shenandoah River with local canoe outfitters, wineries, numerous large wedding venues and historical sites.
Luray, VA Restaurant for Sale
Property includes the following improvements:
- Restaurant building (dating back to 1930’s, with additions through the ‘60’s)…..3,000 sq ft.
- 110 seats permitted, current cuisine is casual family style American fare.
- Functional commercial kitchen with many equipment upgrades over last 3 years.
- Current ticket average runs $13.
- Business operation has been consistent over 4 different owners since 1933.
A separate adjacent structure, previously a Gift Shop, was recently modified into a gathering lounge for cabin guests and cocktail lounge room, plus office space for guest registration and small retail space…1,000 sq ft, one bath.
Liquor and Health permits cover this structure for customer service. Catering service permitted by Health Dept.
Property serviced by well and septic (well water is superb), with 2nd well drilled in 1998 as back-up, but never brought on line. Additional septic space across brook from existing structures perked and designed in 2016; plans available.
Luray, VA Cabins for Sale
Nine, log sided guest cabins ranging in size from 250 sq ft to 950 sq ft. (most are of the medium to larger size)
- Cabins date back to pre-1920 but have been renovated or completely rebuilt from 1990-1999.
- Historical note: Cabins were rented as roadside accommodations according to land records of 1922.
- Some cabins feature interior hot tubs and gas FP’s.
- All cabins back to brook with rear decks.
- Current nightly rental rates are $85-$200 depending on cabin.
- Excellent repeat guest history.
A Separate residence of 1260 square feet features:
- Wood burning Fireplace
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath
- A full kitchen
- A full basement which currently houses laundry facilities for cabins plus storage space.
There is a 40 space asphalt parking lot, plus separate paved parking areas for each cabin.
5 Highway Billboard signs, permitted and maintained.
Several additional structures include:
- A large peacock display cage plus small house…three peacocks on site.
- Other structures include metal Quonset style metal building, approximately 500 square feet.
- An additional large open sided storage structure.
- Highway frontage is 1,000 feet.
- Surrounding area is all woodland.
Current owners have operated the business for 30 years.
To view more details & photos , please browse our web site here.
Tax Assessment 2018: $941,500.
Prior Commercial Appraisals:
- 1998 = $1,425,000
- 2004 = $1,800,000
If interested, contact owners, Bob and CeCe Castle.